Ideas

We want your OpenID Ideas! Think you’ve come up with a way to improve OpenID? Recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

1. OpenID should be extended to supply information for registration forms

I would be great to be able to have OpenID and its supporting websites using the service to fill-out registration forms, etc. As a developer I would adopt OpenID and register an account myself.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. this is inscrutably broken. Fix. Then fix explanations.

Surprise! I may already have an OpenID... but have no way to use it that I can fathom from your instructions. "How do I log in with OpenID?" says I'll see just one thing to fill in... but I see two. And then I get shunted to a "go login somewhere else" notice... and none of this crazy stuff works.

I'm a web expert, so this is epic fail. And have already given this 10x the attention I would normally before just running away.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New web and Spacious as the reputation goes ahead

I have crafted few words. Working out new words accounts and at age people find it difficult to click through web pages finding links. When they want to log-in into their personal shelf it would be appropriate that their choice would be start with a single button according to the area of content click on a single button that appear on the desktop window. This might be confusing for understanding but I have a complete picture in my mindset. The World Wide Web consortium developing new word accounts for spacious knowledge bank would know a tech-mba graduate they would be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OpenID should allow relying parties to supply information to the server at any time.

OpenID allows the server to provide limited data to the relying parties through the SReg extension. However, this doesn't permit the relying parties to supply information about the user back to the server. Take for example, game achievements. The relying party might have information about game achievements a user has earned, but there is no methodology to allow the relying party to share this information with other sites (not just the server) without becoming an OpenID provider itself. Unfortunatly, oAuth's design requires it to have a secret pre-shared between the relying party and the provider, obviously not viable for thousands…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ayuda con el reproductor para blogg

uno de los mejore gratis

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. provide a way for existing openid members to retreive their openid login and or password

there is currently no "forgot my username / password" link on the member login ...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow data exchange between relying parties

Some social sites allow webmail account logins on behalf of the user to build contact lists (find your Facebook friends from your GMail contacts; simply enter your GMail username and password). That involves distributing a password to a third-party, never a great idea.

I wonder if OpenID can be extended to solve this problem, by creating a one-time login token (or a smarter mechanism in the same spirit); of course user approbation is crucial.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. this is inscrutably broken. Fix. Then fix explanations.

Surprise! I may already have an OpenID... but have no way to use it that I can fathom from your instructions. "How do I log in with OpenID?" says I'll see just one thing to fill in... but I see two. And then I get shunted to a "go login somewhere else" notice... and none of this crazy stuff works.

I'm a web expert, so this is epic fail. And have already given this 10x the attention I would normally before just running away.

And just to ice this putrid cake... the "New Idea" widget loops uselessly on [Suggest it!].…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Completely ...not helpful

When I go to this site because I'm presented with an OpenID login, I'm told that if I use Google I already have one. OK then, what do I enter on the http://_____ url line?
    I can't find any nice directions and am forced to think, maybe I should sign up with myopenid.com een though I use several of the services that are listed as "Surprise! You may already have an OpenID." That sours me to the whole notion.

So now I leave thinking this isn't a full realized concept and I'll wait until it is.....

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate activity stream concept into an OpenID extension

Make it easier for people to push back activities to their respective social networks and portals using a standard approach

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I already have an account with a site, there should be a standard way to attach my openID to login

this may be entirely up to individual sites,

but perhaps there is an approach that could be suggested,

for example, in case my idea is not clear:

I have a livejournal and a blogger account.
    I have just discovered openID and want to use it.

I want one ID so decide to use my bloggerID

If I sign in to Livejournal with that I get a new account,
    sites should be encouraged to attach openIDs to existing accounts,
    or even multiple open IDs to an account.

I have 5 openIDs, how do I remember which one I used on different…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. this is inscrutably broken. Fix. Then fix explanations.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. openid 大联盟

世界统一的联盟网站注册openid,联盟网站管理用户资料,增强openid认证效果和可靠性
    或许可以考虑IPV6的作用

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. openid.net - MD5 SSL cert?

https://openid.net/ really shouldn't be using an MD5-hashed cert months after Sotirov presented his research demonstrating the flaws. Perhaps SHA-1 with an eye to moving to SHA-2 as soon as practical and SHA-3 as soon as it's finalized.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. OpenID on Google, AOL, Yahoo not really OpenID

As a supporter and user of OpenID, I have a hard time explaining how Google, Yahoo, AOL and other "openID providers" are really involved.

A search of their sites does not reveal any useful explanation. They're merely using their login procedures as an OpenID token. Their login boxes don't look, act, feel, or represent the user--they represent the company (Goog, AOL, etc.) Those sites are not promoting OpenID in any clear way.

People want to use existing accounts, but these companies are creating tremendous confusion by hiding. What's up with that?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Two way othentication system

Open Id is a great concept and I like to use it in day to day life but security is a critical issue here. I think password is not enough to protection We need two way authentication system which is free to everyone and easy to deploy in servers.

For that We can create a software that we need to install it to the USB flash drive and whenever we need to login we have to use that USB drive which having a software which will authenticate the process Its like a debit card that we using in ATM where…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow OpenID in this site to post comments!

This site is promoting OpenID but not using it at all.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have an obvious way to delete an account.

I thought it would be an all-purpose autofill function, but it was a real let-down.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base