Ideas

We want your OpenID Ideas! Think you’ve come up with a way to improve OpenID? Recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

My idea is ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Open ID Login URL? - Not clear on website

I was exploring the features and benefits of the "Intense Debate" plugin for Wordpress, and was prompted to sign into Open ID by providing my Open ID URL.

I have a Google Account, but have never been directly asked for my Open ID account. This lead me to the Open ID website, at which point I thought the information would be clearly indicated on the "Get an Open ID" or "start using your Open ID" page. Instead, it was a bunch irrelevant information about how I already have an account, with links to useless links like Google and Yahoo's landing…

431 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      125 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a fair criticism and something that we want to address as we continue to make improvements to our newly relaunched website. It has a long way to go still, and this kind of feedback is very helpful in directing our attention. Thanks — and sorry to hear about your frustration.

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base