My idea is ...

OpenID.net should have a friendly explanation

I'd like to link somewhere to explain openid (from my applications that support openid sign in), and it seems like openid.net would be the logical place.

But at openid.net, there is no clear, newbie-friendly explanation of how it actually works. I click "What is openID" and I get a whole page of text... that doesn't really answer my question.

I think we need another link at the top... like, "How does it work" maybe?

http://openidexplained.com is closer, but it looks a little embarrassing somehow.

1,068 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David Reese shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

353 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • segundo osvaldo cuevas fuica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

mis cordiales saludo:he estado tratando de instalar unos paquetes de lectores de documentos y unzippeadores eso me provoco el error , cuando recurri a descargar los paquetes que no estan en la base de datos interna.

• JimG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, I'm a bit confused too. So the domain name I purchased is my OpenID login on openid-enabled sites?

• ErIs9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Open ID does appear friendly its not intimidating. And If you want something friendly then I wonder if an a quainte quote such as a pick up line wouldnt draw attention/ I am not certain of the age catagorey you are looking at but if you had simplified questions upon site registration then I think that you could handle any age obstials

• ErIs9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeh I kind of like the thought of open ID but then I would think that maybe due to security risks of Identy theft we would all need to resubmit new ID's so then what is the point then we would all still be under a cloak and dagger scheme so whos to say I think if we just hunt the frauds down one by one and report them then maybe we can elliminate some of the threats online. I think all the run around for a so called shareholding as gifted by whom knows is nothing more then a goose chase. I havent learned anything by it other than understanding how my dog feels when he's chasing his own tail.

• imagime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your website is not making very much sense. Perhaps have someone who majored in English ( Grammar, Sentence structure, and Communications ) Re-evaluate your attempt to inform the Millions of your users what you actually do and how we can actually use it. One of the worst websites i have come across recently. Hope you fix it.

• piseth chour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one girl make me broken heart and i still remember forever.now i fucken hurt nas. every i do to her never right te.always wrong .

• hubbynyc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Haven't a clue as to use blogger to get an open ID. Click the link, enter my blogger user id and password and then what? The "you may already..." page could tell you what to do next.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gee, "working on" informative text? Gee, OpenID must be _really_ hard to understand if this is going to take months to write!

Or OpenID has no real interest in it's users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base