My idea is ...

Open ID Login URL? - Not clear on website

I was exploring the features and benefits of the "Intense Debate" plugin for Wordpress, and was prompted to sign into Open ID by providing my Open ID URL.

I have a Google Account, but have never been directly asked for my Open ID account. This lead me to the Open ID website, at which point I thought the information would be clearly indicated on the "Get an Open ID" or "start using your Open ID" page. Instead, it was a bunch irrelevant information about how I already have an account, with links to useless links like Google and Yahoo's landing page.

The answer to the question, "where do I get an Open ID URL" for basic login is unfortunately difficult to find on the current website, if it's even there (I have yet to find it).

If Open ID is to succeed in achieving mass adoption, surely the basics like providing a website that provides basic information like how to obtain an account and sign in are of the utmost importance. I consider myself to be quite computer literate and I'm frustrated beyond belief, so I can just imagine what a non starter this would be for incorporating into a website and asking people like my parents to try and obtain this new account and throw them in a complete loop trying to figure out where they go to get it.

Thanks.

434 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminChris Messina (Admin, OpenID) responded  · 

This is a fair criticism and something that we want to address as we continue to make improvements to our newly relaunched website. It has a long way to go still, and this kind of feedback is very helpful in directing our attention. Thanks — and sorry to hear about your frustration.

125 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • arief eko junaidi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sejarah telah membukuukan adanya penjajahan dimuka bumi
        menurut pembukaan undang undang dasar negara republik indonesia dan juga piagam PBB.
        "maka penjajahan diatas dunia harus dihapuskan karena tidak sesuai dengan peri kemanusiaan"
        dengan semangat dari kalimat diatas maka dengan ini kami nyatakan kemerdekaan negara republik indonesia atas virus - virus asing yang masuk melalui jaringan internet atau jaringan yang lainnya
        kami berharap ini adalah menjadi peringatan yang keras kepada semua phihak yang berkuasa atas dunia maya untuk tidak lagi menggunakan pengaruhnya untuk menguasai indonesia dan juga negara lain dikawasan asia oceannia.
        kami maklum dengan apa yang telah terjadi kemarin kemarin
        tetapi kami tidak akan lagi memakluminya apabila nanti dikemudian hari akan terjadi lagi hal hal yang demikian
        kami kan dengan segla upaya kami dan sebisa kami untuk mencegah terjadinya hal hal diatas terulang kembali seperti di masa yang telah lampau.bahkan kami akan membalas perbuatan ini dengan perbuatan yang mungkin lebih keji
        harap ini menjadi peringatan

• Marin Ionita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

inca nu imi dau seama daca sint sau nu tot pe acelasi site dar comunic in continuare ca nu am de ales si trebuie sa fiu sigur ca exist chiar daca exist de 2 ori de 7 ori sint tot eu si ma bucur de voi ca ma primiti cu satisfactie cum si eu la rindul meu am aceeasi satifactie pentru voi si ne bucuram unii de altii cit sintem in viata sinteti multumiti succes de fapt eu vorbesc cu voi de parca sinteti strinsi undeva si ma astepatati pe mine nu ma cu tine vorbesc si tu cu mine sa fii la obiect ca nu siteti 10 pe calculator tu si cu mine salut frate sa fii iubite sa ti mearga bine sa cistigi la loto cum ma rog si eu de o viata dar nu am noroc asta este poate ai tu daca in cerci ci imi dai si mie 10000 daca cistigi 20milioane de dolari sau nu o sa mai cunosti dupa ce iti ei malaiu asta este norocul tau succes

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WELCOME TO World of Magic Spells, Talismans, Charms, Voodoo, Love Spells, Money Spells, Protection from Witchcraft, Black Magic and more here you will find every thing that you are looking for, a place where impossible can be made possible.

confused, have questions or special requirements then email me at doctorsunshinehope@yahoo.com

NOORANI SUPER POWER WONDER RING.
        CONQUER GREAT GENIE, JINN POWERFUL GIANT.
        SPIRITS CALLING FORMULA & TALISMAN.
        POWER OF RUDRAKSH BEADS.
        POWER LOVE TALISMAN.
        PROTECT YOUR HOUSE FROM BLACKMAGIC...
        TALISMAN TO REPEL EVIL ACTION.
        POWER ATTRACTIVE LOVE RING.
        POWER SUCCESS TALISMAN.
        POWER TALISMAN FOR PROTECTION.
        POWER WINNING RING.
        MONEY TALISMANS.
        SALEEMI POWER MAGIC PERFUME.
        MAGIC SPELLS (Love, Money, Protection and more.)
        GAY LOVE SPELLS.
        SUPER BRAIN TONIC TABLETS.
        SUPER SEXUAL POWER TABLETS.
        SIXTH AND SEVENTH BOOK OF MOSES.
        MYSTIQUE BRACELET.
        EGYPTIAN ANKH WITH YELLOW SAPPHIRE.
        TALISMANS FOR BAD DREAMS
        EGYPTIAN LUCKY POWERFUL HANDKERCHIEF
        SALEEMI SEX POWER
        TALISMAN FOR WEAK MEMORY
        FEMALE POWER
        POWER PHOBIC RING
        POWER HOLY CROSS WITH CHAIN
        SILVER CROSS WITH ROSARY
        CRYSTAL EGGS
        POWERFULL INCENSE STICKS
        MYSTIQUE POWERFUL CANDLES
        POWERFUL SOLOMON MYSTIQUE STONE
        MYSTIQUE HELPING TALISMAN
        BLACK MAGIC LOVE SPELL TO MAKE SOMEONE LOVE YOU.
        BLACK MAGIC LOVE SPELL FOR LOST LOVE AND REUNITING LOVE RELATION.
        BLACK MAGIC REVENGE SPELLS.
        Black Magic Spells and Curses to Destroy Enemy or Evil People
        Protection from Black Magic Spells and Curses.
        Black Magic Spells for Money.
        Black Magic Spells for Break Up, Divorce Spells, Anti Love Spells.
        Lost Love Spells.
        How To Get Back Your Ex Boyfriend or Ex Girlfriend.
        Magic Spells to win Court Cases and Legal Matters.
        Magic Spells to Lose Weight.
        Voodoo Spells for Love, Money, Protection
        Spells to Get Rid of Your Husband, Wife or Partner Without Fights or them Hating You.
        Healing Spells for All Purpose.
        Beauty Spells.

PLEASE NOTE APART FROM THESE MYSTICAL POWERS IF YOU NEED ANY SPECIAL TYPE OF POWERS LIKE OILS, PERFUMES ANY SPECIAL POWER ANY THING YOU MAY LET ME KNOW IT WILL BE SPECIALLY PREPARED AS IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO MENTION EVERY THING IN THIS SMALL PAGE.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My name is Doctor Ehis and I am a Professional Traditional Spells Healer, specializing in the fields of Love, Money, Power, Success, Seekness, Luck and Witch Craft. I can help you with any problem or wish that you might have.

I have more than 20 years experience in the field of Spell Casting / Spiritual Healing. Over the years I have worked for thousands of clients in more than 50 countries all over the world. My services are hugely in demand which is proof of the success I am achieving on a day to day basis.

Do you have love problems / issues that you need sorted out? We have a variety of love spells that will change your life forever. Have you lost a loved one? Are you in love with someone who doesn’t seem to care about you? Is your loved one in love with someone else? Call me NOW and I will summon all my powers to make your dreams come true.

Are you battling to make ends meet? Are you experiencing a financial crisis and you cannot pay all your bills? I know what it feels like. Let me help you by casting one of my much sought after Money Spells. I can help you increase your income, land that job you are after, help you achieve success in many fields, improve your luck, and much more…

Are you living in constant fear? Do you need a Protection Spell? Call me now and I will cast a very powerful Protection Spell that will protect you and your loved ones from evil. Don’t wait until it is too late. Contact us NOW.

I specialize in various fields of Spell Casting. I can help you with any problem that you might be facing. Call me now for immediate results.

Contact us via:ehisalextemple@gmail.com

• K Shields commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried, with great dificulty to register (unsuccsesfully I might add). The process could be made simpler, with more explanation for us less technical users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base